(Un)Packing the Y-BOX55 Maker’s Kit packageyirco
You will get one box with dimensions 60 x 60 x 12 cm with a weight of 4.5 kg.
In the box you will find: four 4.5mm thick cell polycarbonate walls, five parts of acrylic front doors, twelve aluminum tubes and a pack of stainless steel fasteners. Each part is carefully checked and wrapped in plastic film to prevent scratches.
In the package with nuts and bolts you will find:
- two pins for the hinges
- 1. pack – fasteners for edge cover assembly
- 2. pack – fasteners for frame assembly – ALU tubes with corner joints
- 3. pack – fasteners for assembly of the walls with the frame
- 4. pack – fasteners for assembly of the acrylic parts and the door hinges
- 5. pack – fasteners for mounting of the mechanical lock (latch)
- 6. pack – spare fasteners – a couple of nuts and bolts just to be sure that nothing is missing for a successful Y-BOX assembly
I was nervous the plastic might break during delivery but afaik you really packaged it like a champion. I did not look thouroughly jet but it looks like it suvived the transport without any breaking or cracking.
Thanks for the feedback. We made an effort to find the right how to efficiently pack the parts into the box. This solution should survive the transport.
Anyway, if you find something damaged, write us an email with a damage description and a photo. We will send you the part again.